EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Based in Abbotsford, Kim brings with her over 25 years of experience as a special education teacher and school psychologist. Her background contributes to her expertise in the area of psychoeducational assessment and she has been employed by public school districts in Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. She has worked in private practice since 2011.
Kim has worked within the public school system for several years and is a BC Certified School Psychologist. Kim has been registered with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia since 2011, prior to that time she was registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists. She has initiated and consulted on the development of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and has worked with classroom teachers to differentiate programming for students with learning, social-emotional, and behavioural difficulties. Her dedication to maintaining the highest standards in assessment and programming is evident in her work with children and youth, parents, and education professionals.
Kim ensures that her extensive professional knowledge in the field of educational and child psychology is kept current through annual professional development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
• Registered Psychologist, College of Psychologists of BC (#1936)
• Certified School Psychologist, BC Association of School Psychologists (#77)
• Master of Education Degree, Department of Educational Psychology, University of Alberta
• Post Baccalaureate Diploma, Special Education, Simon Fraser University
• Bachelor of Education Degree, Special Education, University of Alberta